Monday, February 27, 2006

1/3 Asian Miss Universe Speaks

This is an interesting article about a former Miss Universe that brings up interesting points:
1) Her stories of the culture shock as she faced the realities of Hollywood ethnicity, suggest that differences of ethnicity that revolve around "ethnic majority or minority" status and are not natural facts.
2) Us folks of color are not "looking for racism"--quite the contrary, we'd like to ignore it and often try to pretend it's nonexistent, but almost inevitably, if we chose to excel in society, come face-to-face with it again.

Finally, I just wanted to point out this is not the first time I'm heard of someone claiming to be "1/3 something". Usually it's white people trying to sound "diverse".

You might find that snarky, but stop for a second and think about it:
How in the fuck would you end up with a 1/3 child? I mean, I'm into some kinky shit, but how do you have three parents contribute to an egg?

Well, I can't complain, after all, I'm 1/17th Cherokee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on 
BlogShares