Sunday, September 21, 2008

Peacing out the TV

Liz and I finally got rid of our TV. My old folks took the one that lived on our landing for a year and a half to their new place, and we moved Grandpa's ghost television to replace it.

Grandpa's ghost television is one of the many artifacts that I ended up with after he passed early in 07. It automatically turns itself on or off frequently. It was kind of comforting to interact with all of its quirkiness on a daily basis--it reminded me of my grandpa.

I got home last month and a whole bunch of nice furniture had appeared in the living room. I guess Liz ended up buying some stuff. I threw the old Target entertainment furniture to the curb. Usually I feel like crap throwing out anything, but this was more something that should never have been bought in the first place. At this point, the wooden backing was coming off and was too flimsy to reattach. The nails kept jabbing me while we dragged it outside.

After we set up the new furniture, we weighed the TV. It was too heavy to sit on the new furniture. So we put it on the landing and set up the stereo. We went out to look for a new TV.

After an hour or so, we realized we didn't really want to drop $600 on something that would make our quality of life worse. So we just headed back home and left the mini-compo (stereo) in the center of the new entertainment system.

For the first week, everyday when I got home, I would sit on the couch for a few minutes and stare at the stereo. I think I've gotten used to it. We still get together and watch the news on one of our computers every other day or so.

I think it's working out. I'm no less busy, but I'm going to try to blog again. It's been about three weeks now, and I've been getting more work done.

I'm still thinking about snaking an extension cord out to the landing--not to watch TV, but so Grandpa's ghost TV can turn itself on and off.

1 Comments:

Blogger lio evilo said...

Glad you're back to blogging Xian, and I feel you on the TV situation. I've decided to give the old blogger another schoolgirl try as well. :)

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on 
BlogShares