Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Lame-ass mechanism for humanization

Matt tossed up this on his blog, and I'm finally forced to admit these things have a purpose. One of my friends was telling me that I need to humanize myself more instead of being a "mythical debating creature", and since I seem to be impaired in my ability to do so, let's give this thing a shot...



Four jobs you have had in your life:


Grocery bagger
Japanese Human Rights Education Teacher
Software Developer
Assistant Educational Outreach Coordinator (wow job titles sure aren't helpful)

Four movies you could watch over and over:
Romeo Must Die!
Saved!
Yomigaeri!
God of Gamblers! (ok, the last two don't really have

Four places you've lived:
Chicago, IL
Champaign-Urbana, IL
Namino, Kumamoto, JP
Akashi, Hyogo, Japan
Raleigh, NC
Pittsburgh, PA
(So much for four...)

Four TV shows you love to watch:
Boston Legal
Grey's Anatomy
Avatar
Hey! Hey! Hey!

Four places you've been on vacation:
Thailand
Michigan Dunes
Ottawa/Montreal
Tokyo

Four of your favorite foods:
cheese
chocolate mousse
pizza
gnocchi

Four sites I visit daily:
It's Matt's World
The Fighting 44's
Angry Asian Man
Baseball Think Factory

Four things that remind me of death:
The number 4
Copies of Video Tapes
Columbus Day
The "W"

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

On a serious note: What you write on this blog is probably some of the most human, empathetic stuff I've read in a long time. Your intelligence and ability to care for others and society shines through with nearly every post.

On a more whimsical note: Has everyone been a grocery bagger at some point in their lives?

12:40 PM  
Blogger Xian Franzinger Barrett said...

That actually got me off my ass to write this--gotta love that cut and paste!!! :)

Seriously, sorry to be shadowing your posts lately, but you get me thinking ;)

7:43 PM  
Blogger G said...

hahaha, nice choices for the movie section. "Saved!" cracks me up.

I had no idea you used to live in Akashi! It's a nice town... the first time I went there was for a big New Year's party when I over in Japan.

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on 
BlogShares