Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Healing

My mother--the indestructible "woman who does everything more beautifully than you do" is getting out of the hospital tomorrow; a full week earlier than some of the predictions.

I'm sure it's been harder for her, but it's been difficult to watch her, the pain immune, three hours of sleep per night, organizing a new union on top of a full-time job, maniacal exerciser, hobbling around on crutches. If anything, the double hip-replacement surgery and bed time were a relief--finally she was on the path to recovery.

I mean, in a way, it's made me feel my own morality in a way that the grey hairs and being around super-youthful high school kids never has.

Anyway, I just wanted to give a shout-out to all the folks who did the biggest or smallest things to help--the visits, free meals, well-wishes and prayers.

Liz and I are going to head down again to help her rehab at the end of the week, so if I've been particularly bad at corresponding with any of you as of late, I apologize. Maybe that will be one of my debts to make up in the new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on 
BlogShares