Friday, January 28, 2005

Saiko Sounds

As long as I am harassing people to responsibly spend money on music, you ought to peep Saiko Sounds, a Psy/Goa shop run out of Hong Kong. When I whine that major companies aren't treating people, especially people of color right, this is what I have in mind. They have a quinlingual staff, offer cheap shipping almost anywhere and work their asses off to import tiny label Psy/Goa and some tech house. They have made arrangements so that they can retail most of the albums from Japan for 1/3 to 1/2 the price that they cost in Japan. I just ordered a bunch of new Tsuyoshi and Mitsumoto stuff from there. Plus, since most of the artists own their own labels, you aren't giving all your money to racist, rich record corporations. There I said it, I'm going to be waiting in my house for RIAA execs to come snuff me in my sleep. Peace.

6 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

While we are on the subject of recs, you ever check out Kagrra? They were big on the indie scene for a while, kinda a mix of visual kei, and traditional japanese folk music. They haven't been the same since they signed to a major, but there old stuff is pretty sweet. Plus when they where all the get up on stage, like kimono's, make-up, fans, etc. its a pretty awesome sight. If you wanna check them out, just hit me up and I'll get you connected.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

*wear

Don't reply to posts at 2:23 in the morning, it's bad for your grammar.

8:24 PM  
Blogger xian said...

I'd love to check em out--I'm so out of the loop since I left the country except for Psy. Drop me a mail.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drop on by and browse through a huge archive of one line joke

This is one of the many jokes i found amongst the many joke categorys:
A man walks into his favorite bar and saw a bum panhandeling. The bum asked if the man could spare a dollar. The man replied "If I give you money are you going to use it to buy liquor?" The bum said he would not, so the man asked "If I give you money are you going to use it for gambling?" Again the bum said he would not, so the man asked "Would you come home with me so I can show my wife what happenes to someone who doesnt gamble or drink?"

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, here is the greatest serious home based business opportunity of the 21st century. Come and check the videos about serious home based business opportunity and see why it is possible to make $4,000 a week ! Dave

6:57 PM  
Blogger Living in Thailand said...

We have a website that was created during the Tsunami please let us know if any people there is found and we will delete themAfter the Tsunami

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on 
BlogShares