Thursday, January 27, 2005

Recycled content storehouse

The title of the site is giving me a little bit of a complex. I chose the name because I was trying to make it functional rather than include some inside joke or something that might put people off, but now I'm feeling self-conscious that there's like 10 words on here and the big ol' name.

So I'm going to, true to the name, throw up some random pieces that are not as current. If you are one of the illustrious few that have already seen a piece before, pat yourself on the back since you are awfully cool, and feel free to comment. They won't all be evergreen, but I'll write a piece on why I think that's important too.

Anyway, I've got no idea who is reading, so drop me a line at xianb8 at yahoo if you get a chance. I'm writing for enjoyment these days, so feel free to ask me to write a position on an issue or ask overally <--------------First typing error I've caught!!!! person questions..."What's your shoe size?" "Is your hair two colors because you're half?" "What's your boggle?" etc.

5 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

What's your "shoe" size?

I look forward to reading your new postings! Keep them coming!

The blog's been great so far. :-)

8:55 AM  
Blogger Xian Franzinger Barrett said...

How'd you do that? I couldn't even see the update yet and you've already commented. You are a magical human being, Matt!

I wear "size-11 kicks". And I mean that in the "I use them to kick things and people" sense, not the colloquialism.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Size 11? Damn! Not bad, not bad.

Oh, and sometimes you have to click 'refresh' in order to see a new post come up on your blog. Just an FYI.

Take care.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Xian Franzinger Barrett said...

Yeah, I read your email Paul, I guess I just have too much faith in Depo--he seems to have some thoughtful explanation for every move.

The Lowe signing was horrendous looking, but I'm convinced the Dodgers have some supercomputed alogrithm that tells them that in "No 2Bs and 3Bs allowed" Dodger stadium, Lowe is going to be incredible. We'll see.

Otherwise, picking up Valetin and resigning Bradley are nice moves and I think this is finally Choi's year. But we'll see right?

On the flipside, they don't have any players that make the rest of MLB look like Little Leaguers.

As Baseball Prospectus said one year, "What's Barry going to do this year? Set a doubles record? Lead the league in steals? Win a Cy Young award?"

5:13 PM  
Blogger Xian Franzinger Barrett said...

Well, I have to admit I was most worried about the Giants when Dusty left, as I thought they could no longer count on his ability to turn a completely crap roster into a clubhouse of overachievers far surpassing their projections. But it looks like Alou has the same skill. Good stuff.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on 
BlogShares